Cut list software

• ..Kev changed the title to Cut list software
1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

I suppose with the cost of plywood software like this could pay for it's self quickly. Is this primarily a plywood thing?

In my opinion, yes it is to help layout parts in sheet goods to minimize waste and where all of your starting sheets are they same size.  Some programs allow you to layout in rough cut lumber with various dimensions of the starting board, but I found by the time you put in all of the different sizes of your rough lumber you could have cut it all out and not saved much extra by letting the program optimize the cuts. 

Looks like a combination. 

Is this software giving you toe boards, nailers,drawer nailers, etc?

When I ran Ecabinets or cabinet vision it would cut everything if it was layed out correct. Drawers were 1/2 sides with 3/4 fronts. It would load a 1/2  sheet with just those parts on it..

Unless I'm missing he drawings it looks like your making European style cabinets and not custom...

1 minute ago, BillyJack said:

Looks like a combination. 

Is this software giving you toe boards, nailers,drawer nailers, etc?

It’s been a while but I think you put in the size of your sheet stock; your blade kerf; and the the size and quantity of all your different parts. The program then lays them all out on the sheets to optimize the yield and minimize waste. 

Your sheet stock, type, thickness and if it's a 96" or 96.5  or 97". Width requires this as well. 

If I have melamine, plywood or particle board, etc all has to be punched in.  Software has to know what you intend to use. 

If my standard cabinet is say oak, with melamine interior, it will know what to do based on what it was previously set for. Because melamine and 3/4 are different in thickness it also knows to make the adjustment in the dado. 

Because mine operates on CNC or otherr,it's knows what to make all rabbits , dados and hole bores. 

This is why many shops only use certain materials from there suppliers and don't wander off this as it could have consequences...

• Like 1