IR Lamps for Curing Paint

EasyD

Hello friends. So, I'm finishing a couple tables for outdoor use, and was wondering if anyone familiar with using infrared lamps might have some advice: I'd like to speed the cure time on my projects, but the specialized IR curing lamps are a bit out of my price range at the moment. Will the smaller ceramic IR bulbs typically used in reptile enclosures serve the same purpose for a modest-sized project? I was hoping to set a couple up in reflector domes above my workpiece to speed curing time. What say you?
Here's the bulbs I was hoping to use:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MXD4SMW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

• 1 year later...
On 10/15/2021 at 8:27 PM, EasyD said:

Hello friends. So, I'm finishing a couple tables for outdoor use, and was wondering if anyone familiar with using infrared lamps might have some advice: I'd like to speed the cure time on my projects, but the specialized IR curing lamps are a bit out of my price range at the moment. Will the smaller ceramic IR bulbs typically used in reptile enclosures serve the same purpose for a modest-sized project? I was hoping to set a couple up in reflector domes above my workpiece to speed curing time. What say you?
Here's the bulbs I was hoping to use:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MXD4SMW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details territorial io

Hello, I think using smaller ceramic infrared (IR) bulbs typically used in reptile enclosures might not be the most effective solution for speeding up the cure time on your outdoor tables.