Milwaukee battery…

Tpt life

Opened a tool with a 12v battery. Reached out to the seller as it says failed battery when plugged into the charger. I do not know how to verify if the battery or the charger is malfunctioning. Asked the seller if they had sold me an opened return. They said “no chance of that, we return opened tools to the manufacturer. There is a high rate of bad batteries shipped with Milwaukee tools.”

Can anyone verify if this is true?

I have five 12V Milwaukee tools and five batteries ranging in age from 4 to 14 years old.  I have had no battery problems; all of them still seem to be going strong.

My inspection video camera has gone wonky, but that is the oldest tool and I was an early adopter.  The other tools have been good.

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2021 at 10:39 AM, Tpt life said:

Update:

When four new batteries gave the same result, I began to suspect the charger. On a whim I wiggled a bit on a battery and put what I would consider was a substantial amount of force on it, and it seated. I think one of the three blades on the charger was out of alignment and was holding the batteries from seating. All seems normal now. 

Well that had to be a relief.

• Like 1