Grestner & Sons Tool Box Hardware

Chet

Real close to my next project is going to be a Grestner & Sons style tool box.  I can buy the locks, hinges and other hardware directly from them, which I will do if I have to but I was looking for some alternatives.

Do any of you know of sources for quality toolbox type hardware.

The locks and hinges that they use have split rivets instead of screws so the toolbox is secure when locked.

On 12/22/2021 at 2:48 PM, Chet said:

The locks and hinges that they use have split rivets instead of screws so the toolbox is secure when locked.

I don't know if they're available for the required sizes, but engraved (or flat) Chicago screws are very nice and cannot be easily removed from the outside, especially if you use red Loctite to lock the threads.

On 12/22/2021 at 11:48 AM, Chet said:

Real close to my next project is going to be a Grestner & Sons style tool box.  I can buy the locks, hinges and other hardware directly from them, which I will do if I have to but I was looking for some alternatives.

Do any of you know of sources for quality toolbox type hardware.

No help on the hardware but I look forward to your build journal :)