Bosch 1617 - $110

legenddc

On 12/23/2021 at 9:57 PM, legenddc said:

Thanks to you, I now have seven routers! :wacko:

Just punched buy! Thanks! 

• Haha 1

I wasn’t going to get one but I caved last night. Opened my work email and had a $100 Amazon gift card which is shocking. Will throw it in the router table and keep the other in the plunge base. 

I tried to find a trim router on sale like this but couldn’t. 

• Like 2

Mine just got dropped off. So far i'm impressed with the router fit and finish.

1229211409-01.thumb.jpeg.77504c10b2756e20621ed038652a65a7.jpeg

I just wanted to see if it was the same diameter as my PC 890 routers and it is. I might mount the bosch in my router table and keep the PC 890s around in their plunge bases. It does fit well enough i could just save myself the hassle and use the bosch in the PC base. The DC on the PC base is nearly* as good as festool. Also it looks like the 1617 plunge base doesn't have any DC.

* except in edge routing situations.

I just bought one bosch 1617 Only after I found this base plate Jasper Base Plate With centering pin https://www.woodcraft.com/search?q=Item++144931&button=search it fits about a million different routers ( I might be exaggerating a bit ) but it fits the Bosch 1617 and accepts the PC bushings with a centering thing-a-ma-bob and a bunch of flat head screw that fit a gillion different routers :D

• Like 2

On 12/29/2021 at 5:56 PM, wtnhighlander said:

I've had one of those Bosch routers for a while now, and my only complaint is that their baseplates don't accept PC-style guide bushings. Bosch has their own offering, but most reports indicate it is total garbage.

I have the PC and Bosch guide bushings. 

At one time RouterMan use to make them. I'm not sure who does not... I had plenty of PC routers around and dont use the Bosch, but it becomes a problem when you need several of the same sizes.

• Like 1

Mine came in earlier this week as well. I'll have to finally mount my router table wing in the table saw instead of just letting it sit there. Will need to make some support legs so it doesn't tip.

Too bad there's not a sale like this on a palm router.

On 12/29/2021 at 7:03 PM, JohnG said:

They do have an adapter to use the PC style bushings. Would be nice if the adapter wasn’t necessary though. 

The amount of add-ons for these really annoy me. I wish they sold a 1617 full package with the bushings or bushing adapter, edge guide, etc. 

• Like 1

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Skillfusian
    Newest Member
    Skillfusian