What’s This World Coming To?

Coop

On 12/31/2021 at 8:36 PM, pkinneb said:

Happy new years all!! Not going to make midnight LOL

Same here and not even going to try, but we have a large number of idiots around here with illegal fireworks that will be sure to let us know when it is midnight.

Happy New Year!!!

• Like 2

Happy New Years all!

On 12/31/2021 at 9:54 PM, Chet said:

Same here and not even going to try, but we have a large number of idiots around here with illegal fireworks that will be sure to let us know when it is midnight.

Happy New Year!!!

I hear you there. I moved from a city where all fireworks were banned (not that that fully stopped them) to unincorporated county adjacent to a reservation. Even being farther away from people it's a lot louder, which the pups have not been enjoying thus far.

• Like 2

I remember Millennium Eve all those years ago. I was working in the IT department for our local international airport, Manchester UK, on the Y2K bug which we had been working on for about 18 months prior to make sure planes didn't fall out of the air. I went in at 11:30PM after leaving a party and with about 40 others sat monitoring screens when the clock struck midnight. Needless to say nothing happened except we could hear loads of fireworks. The airport had been closed to all air traffic at 6PM and didn't open up again until 6AM the following morning. We "celebrated" the success and turning of the year with a plastic cup containing a few teaspoons of warm cheap fizzy wine! Not good.

I couldn't see anything as the server hall doesn't have any windows and only heard the bangs when I came out after midnight back into the office. Every year now around here there are firework displays on new years mostly from peoples private houses. A lot of public displays have been cancelled this last new years due to Covid issues but that didn't stop people having them in their yards.

• Like 2