Using 4th axis on my CNC any idea?

brennetable

I heard that my Badog CNC machine uses 4th axis for woodturning. Any idea what's the best wood to use for woodturning? I am planning of starting to make a wooden bowl. I love watching YouTube and have amazing time learning from blogs. I'll be heading to Switzerland to be in Badog store for more amazing things to learn and know other products they have but only if this pandemic is over. The people in this forum are so awesome, and I just can't help asking you ideas what would be the best wood to use for making a bowl, and if if you have any tips, would love to take it. Thank you and you all have been amazing!

Poplar is a very bland and uninspiring wood, but it is cheaper and turns very easily.  So it's a good wood to experiment/learn with.  When you are confident in your process and you have a program for a form you like, then most attractive woods like cherry, walnut and maple are good choices.

You make it sound like popping over to Switzerland is just a trip across town, so I'm curious what part of the planet you are posting from?

• Like 1