Maple

You have bigger nads than me! As much as I love Woodworking and doing things myself, sometimes a little out of my capabilities, this is defiantly something I would leave to the pros. There are people that do this for a living and if they screw up, usually you have some recourse.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

If you want a uniform color and grain pattern, try to purchase an entire tree of boards from a sawyer / lumber yard. I would avoid trying to mill boards from a slab, as slabs are generally far more expensive per board foot, and less consistently dried. You may find you freshly-milled boards warping like crazy.

Regarding the planer, waxing the bed often prevents the slippage you describe, and I find that applting pressure UPWARD at the end of the board as it passes the cutter generally alleviates snipe. Lifting the far end helps hold the end at the cutter down, just as it losing the pressure from the feed roller.

• Thanks 1

You may also need to clean the in feed and out feed rollers. It's possible that they are dirty. A huge +1 to waxing the beds of the 735. When i had mine i tried to wax the beds monthly to keep them nice and slick. When i neglected that I'd run into the situation that you are experiencing.

If that doesn't work I'd try and find a way to have it serviced. The DW735 is a very well design machine that is easy to work on but the feed rollers could get finicky and I wouldn't want to ruin something.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

I find that applting pressure UPWARD at the end of the board as it passes the cutter generally alleviates snipe. Lifting the far end helps hold the end at the cutter down, just as it losing the pressure from the feed roller.

Upward pressure on the exiting end, or the entering end of the board?

• Like 1

bare with me highlander, but isnt that what you make adjustments on the router are kind of doing? I feel like I read somewhere to have the ever slightest camber upward on the infeed and outfeed. That true flat might give you snipe when the wheel grab and begin feeding the wood? I will not doubt need to recheck all my settings as it has been a long while since I adjusted the router. I intend to clean the rollers off as soon as I get a day off. This Thursday I think...

Thanks for the advice in advance and for previous advice.

• Like 1