HF 6x48 sanding belts

BillyJack

I bought abrasives from HF one time and never will again. The grit and the backing both broke down much faster than even the budget brands at big box stores. Saves a bit up front but costs a lot more in the long run. 

That was 15+ years ago though, hopefully they have improved it since then. 

I don't run cheap belts and discs except on this machine. I got it because a designer owed me some money after a job. The machine was being placed in the trash when I got there to see about pay. Said he would give to me for $50 and a ridgid tool box I think for $200 total. At this point I figured something was better than nothing,.I loaded up the sander and tool box. Took a look at the sander and found they had taken the 220 plug and changed it To a 110 plug. No wonder they were trashing it.

20200115_093050.jpg.8d0245b8c88b89a886a440cfe42d1107.jpg

• Like 1

He was doing metal and wood. I knew who he was before I worked for him. This was not a fulltime job as I was already on disability. He had already hired a couple cabinet guys who failed to complete the project and a guy I had worked with called me. The cabinet work went fine. A enclosed/pocket door washer/dryer cabinet. I also had to make the wall wine cabinet.. He didn't have a problem with any of the woodwork, he had problems with tge metal fabrication.At tye time he was making mobile liquor carts with success, but lost out with the Covid virus as many restaurants weren't spending money on these items..

Barmobile-mobile-bar-portable-barcart-tableside-02-600x624.jpg

Barmobile-mobile-bar-portable-barcart-tableside-01 (1).jpg

• Like 1