Harvey Tools

Word on the AAW forum is that they are made in Taiwan and that they are the factory that makes Grizzly hence the similarity.  However, most posters say the Harveys are better than grizzly.  A few posters have bought lathes and none of them have expressed disappointment.  And didn't @JohnGjust buy a bandsaw?

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 9:52 PM, justaguy said:

Northfield Band Saws (northfieldwoodworking.com)

Yes they are.  For grins, look at their non woodworking machines.

Also for grins, look at their price list.

On 3/2/2022 at 6:10 PM, JohnG said:

I always try to buy USA made, but sometimes it simply doesn’t work out.

The Harvey Alpha bandsaw is made in China.

Northfield is made in USA but their smallest bandsaw is 36” and their smallest table saw is 5hp 14”…

Sorry, my post was incorrect. They do have a 20” bandsaw- 3phase, 950lb, $11k base price.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/7/2022 at 5:52 AM, justaguy said:

Northfield Band Saws (northfieldwoodworking.com)

Yes they are.  For grins,, look at their non woodworking machines.

On 3/7/2022 at 6:10 AM, JohnG said:

Also for grins, look at their price list.

Sorry, my post was incorrect. They do have a 20” bandsaw- 3phase, 950lb, $11k base price.

It is like a high price. Do you think it is worth buying? It also has a very classy appearance. I can't help but say.

On 7/19/2022 at 8:12 AM, pixiestick01 said:

It is like a high price. Do you think it is worth buying? It also has a very classy appearance. I can't help but say.

I have never used a Northfield bandsaw, so I can’t say. 

• Like 1

A member here, who hasn't posted in some time, spent a couple of years collecting and refurbishing some Northfield gear. Table saw, Band Saw, and Jointer, at least. After posting a few projects, he kind of faded away. I ran across him on another forum, and he had ditched ever piece of that big American Iron, replacing it with Felder gear. 

Using a vehicular metaphor, it is the difference between driving a Ford F350 and Formula 1 racer. The F1 goes 'round faster and tighter on the weekend, but the Ford just keeps lapping while the F1 is in the shop all week long.

• Like 2