Shipping cost ?

I placed an order on woodpecker.com last Dec for 180$, then shipping was 14$.

I went to place another order today, for 200$, it is over 40$ for the cheapest shipping. 

In Dec, the order had a 12" square and this time, the 24" t-square. Nothing heavy or particularly big.

To pay 20% for shipping on a 200$ order...yuck...

I am not sure why the shipping could be so high.

Blaming it on gaz...it just went down 11% today.

Increasing their margin...by bumping the cost of shipping ?

I just quickly looked and it seems like the 12" square can go through USPS but the 24" t-square goes through UPS. Not sure what else you're including in your order.

I can't imagine UPS can adjust their rates quick enough to keep up with cost of fuel right now.

Are we talking the same store? Woodpecker.com is an odd site. I'm more familiar with Woodpeck.com

Have you tried to order the same thing through a woodpeckers distributor? Woodcraft sells woodpeckers items as do other locations.

Play around with the order. When i added the 12" and 24" t squares together the shipping was $35. Individual items were $11. If their system is stupid like that just process a separate order for each item.....

Calculating shipping price depends on both weight and dimensions. 

Combining items complicates the calculation because it has to consider the weight and dimensions of the items being shipped AND their available box sizes. They may have a box that is efficient for each item individually (could be SIOC), but the box they have that will fit both items is over the dimension threshold for that shipping price level. 

The shipping calculator on their site can only follow the logic it is given. They might be able to override it on the phone, or place orders for the items separately. 

• Like 1