Porch Handrailing

I made a mistake, and drilled one hole in the wrong place.  Fortunately, it's under the top rail, so the fix won't be seen.

I reamed all the rest of the holes, and have the rest of the balusters cut to length, but have to stop and cut grass today, so didn't get any put up.  After I trim the plug, touch up paint, and redrill that one hole, the last two sections are ready to go up, maybe tomorrow.

IMG_4220.jpg

• Like 2

i made a quick trip to town to catch Sherwin Williams while it was still 30% off.  It may go to 40 tomorrow, but I didn't want to wait. Painting coming soon.

Finally finished.  The rollock watertable is longer on one side than the other, so each end is slightly different as to how a baluster lands on them.   At least all the balusters have equal spacing on every section.  No two sections are exactly the same, but the difference between sections is less than 1/16" and not as noticeable as little spaces somewhere.

I'm glad to get this job finished, so I can move on to the next one.

IMG_4228.jpg

IMG_4229.jpg

• Like 1

I'm surprised that this thread continues to get over 500 views per day.  If anyone has any questions, I'd be glad to answer them.  I'm not sure when I will get to the step handrails, but I guess I'll put that part here too.  I have several weeks of other stuff to do first.

• Like 1