Where to buy the plastic hairline indicator on table saws

I just bought Johnathan katz moses zero dflection stop block for my miter station however im trying to figure out how to incorporate it with the tape measure on the fence. I've searched hairline indicator and cursor trying to find options to add to the stop block so i can accurately measure. Every reviews of the stop block doesnt seem to use any measuring system. any ideas would be helpful. i dont have the miter station built yet but the fence will 1/8th inch behind the miter saw fence with a t track on top for tape measure and stop block to mount in

I don’t have a miter saw station but if I did, I would treat the indicators, hairline or not, the same as I do to the ones on my ts and planer. Ignore them completely. Usually a stop block is used to cut multiple same length parts. I cut my first piece to fit, set the stop block and cut the remaining pieces. I think this is referred to as relative dimensioning. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure exactly what kind of design you're going for. Isn't one of the points of that stop block that you can shift the reference edge back and forth? That would defeat the point of the indicator, unless you mounted it directly to the red part, which defeats the height-adjustability in turn.

Either way, you could make your own clear indicator with a piece of 1/8th inch acrylic and a sharp marking knife. That will probably end up more accurate than 99% of the ones out there on manufactured tools.

• Like 1

20220622_074825.thumb.jpg.f9d7e986f52ae6c3ba62e37c6b4e8165.jpg

On 6/21/2022 at 9:21 PM, Coop said:

I don’t have a miter saw station but if I did, I would treat the indicators, hairline or not, the same as I do to the ones on my ts and planer. Ignore them completely. Usually a stop block is used to cut multiple same length parts. I cut my first piece to fit, set the stop block and cut the remaining pieces. I think this is referred to as relative dimensioning. 

This is why I need to change lengths quickly. This is just 1 house and I do 2 sometimes 3 houses a week. When I got in cabinetry I thought it was gonna be like fine woodworking. Turns out its just like construction. Have to keep up. If your wondering we build for new construction houses and this particular house or model is 8k square feet. Our kreg stop block is done. Doesnt hold in t track anymore and moves to easily. The material i use is 3 3/8 inch by 8ft for hdf or 10ft for harwood so going gentle against stop block is hard because I cut 2 at a time and white oak sucks

On 6/21/2022 at 11:15 PM, BonPacific said:

I'm not sure exactly what kind of design you're going for. Isn't one of the points of that stop block that you can shift the reference edge back and forth? That would defeat the point of the indicator, unless you mounted it directly to the red part, which defeats the height-adjustability in turn.

Either way, you could make your own clear indicator with a piece of 1/8th inch acrylic and a sharp marking knife. That will probably end up more accurate than 99% of the ones out there on manufactured tools.

Thanks for reply. We used a. Kreg so its offset like 2 inches from the indicator so it would need to extend 2 inches out and its just a small brass screw.  I'm trying to brainstorm how I'm going to incorporate it