Kitchen countertop finish

BillyJack

My boys girlfriend once lived  with us and like to put the wrag over er r the countertop edge and eventually ate at the polyurethane. I used early American  stain  and poly.Hopefully I can get it resealed. I'll have to sand the brown from being wet. 

20220712_084524.jpg

20220712_084533.jpg

20220712_084538.jpg

20220712_084557.jpg

• Sad 1

I little sanding with some 120 to break any peeling spots and a little stain. When I stain I let it sit wet till it gets gummy and gives me a chance to work the color depth I want. With Miniwax you really want it to let it sit and penetrate before you wipe off.  This is common mistake with Miniwax users

20220712_104528.jpg

20220712_104533.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 7:36 PM, wtnhighlander said:

Does that spray poly have much smell? I need to do similar repairs, but my wife is very sensitive to odors.

I think it does when I have used it. I switched from Minwax to Deft and while I prefer the finish its even worse for smell.

• Like 1

It does smell and the wife is home on Wednesdays, so I'll tape and spray Thursday morning after she leaves and before I go fishing. According to the can my fishing may be spoiled as it needs be resprayed in two hours or wait 72hrs  for the next coat. Maybe I'll just fish Friday only.lol

• Thanks 1

Around the neighborhood....

Next door neighbor  has painted her shaker cabinets. Around the corner they have replaced their cabinets. Many house in the 1998-2002 built range.  I guess there are three cames.

#1... new cabinets

#2...paint cabinets

#3 repair cabinets,

#4.upgrade cabinets...

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading replies in this section in the above the kitchen material look like nice and qualitative from Boca Raton i ordered white cabinet renovation from (Link Removed) and they provided me best quality for my cabinet. because i was not know how to repair my cabinet and there was issue related to tools too as you know in home not all the time all tools available. so it was easy for me to order 

On 8/19/2022 at 5:03 AM, Jack said:

I was reading replies in this section in the above the kitchen material look like nice and qualitative from Boca Raton i ordered white cabinet renovation from (Link Removed) and they provided me best quality for my cabinet. because i was not know how to repair my cabinet and there was issue related to tools too as you know in home not all the time all tools available. so it was easy for me to order 

• 2 months later...

It sounds like you're going to have quite a project on your hands! Sanding and resealing your countertop can be a tricky process. Still, the material used for quartz countertops must be generally durable, so hopefully, with a little elbow grease, you'll be able to get it looking as good as new. When it comes to sanding, you'll want to make sure you use fine-grit sandpaper, so you don't damage the countertop. You'll also want to be sure to wipe away any dust after sanding so that it doesn't get trapped under the sealant. As for the resealing, you'll want to use a polyurethane sealant that is specifically designed for countertops. This will help to protect the countertop and make it easier to clean. You can read more about making quartz countertops, and hopefully, this information will be helpful. Good luck with your project!