New Android App with calculators

MikeHill

I developed an android app that has a few calculators. It's definitely not as slick as the woodworking widget app but it does have some useful functionality. I'm too cheap to pay the android market registration fee so I posted the app in a free market called slide me. You can search for 'Woodworking' in the slide me market and it should come up. Here's a direct link: http://slideme.org/en/application/woodworking-utilities

Since it's not in the android market, you might have to change your android settings to allow install of non-market apps. You should be able to put the setting back to the default once you're installed.

Enjoy. I hope it's useful for you.

Mike,

Just downloaded and installed the application. Looks nice and a great tool to have available when at the store (particularly the board foot calc), but I have noticed a small bug, at least on my phone (Android 2).

On any of the screens where there is a pull down selector (ie: Thickness or Species on BF calc) the options can't be seen. The options text is the same color as the background of the list. It appears all the selections are there and I can tap on a selection to pick it, but I don't know what the options are *until* I tap one and the popup goes away.

I hope this is a good enough explanation of the issue.

-- Andrew

... the options can't be seen. The options text is the same color as the background of the list...

-- Andrew

That's my special invisible font :)

Seriously, not sure why that happens on your device and not mine. I'll see if I can figure that out and get it fixed up. In the meantime, try using the up and down arrows to select an item. On my phone this highlights the selected item with an orange background. Maybe this will make the text visible for you as a workaround for now.

Update: I don't see anything wrong. I tried setting the font explicitly to black for the list menus. See if that makes a difference. I made all the fonts a little bigger too.

• 4 weeks later...