StopLossBags?

Mark J

Well I just discovered that that floppy funnel can be turned inside out for cleaning.  Very helpful, particularly as I have also discovered that when peeled off the filmed finish develops a static charge and wants to cling to the funnel, and the smaller the bit the more clingy.  Once inside out it was easy to rinse them away with water.  

8 hours ago, Mark J said:

Are the cans recyclable if they contained finish?

The cans are made of rolled steel. Regardless of their contents, they will eventually wind up in a landfill, or at a place such as the mill where I work, to be melted down and made into something new.

'Re-use' may depend on the contents, but 're-cycle' does not. Most varieties of metals are easily recycled, with less contamination concerns than plastics. If recycling and 'going green' are up your alley, choose metal cans, glass bottles and paper packaging whenever possible. Plastics are the most picky materials to manage through a recycling process.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mark J said:

Our town's waste hauler says they don't want aluminum if it has food residue.   I think that's kinda silly, you'd think melting temps would burn off any organic material.   But I make an effort to rinse aluminum.  

Residential waste management companies prefer the customer to take such steps, so as to obtain a higher grade product with less effort on their end. If you take such materials directly to a general metals recycler, they will certainly take them, but offer a lower payout because of the effort tbey need to invest. But that payout is to YOU, not your trash collector.

• Like 2