Clearance Sale

Coop

I have a good friend that due a couple of small health problems, is going to liquidate his woodworking shop. The major items ( ts, planer, etc.) are not top, top of the line but are well kept and are in good working condition and have been serving him well for several years. Any suggestions as to the value based on initial cost that should be asked for these? 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 10:01 AM, legenddc said:

50% of the current equivalent price might be a good place to start. An 8" jointer for $400 in the 90s might be worth more since new ones are $2k+

I bought a shop full of delta tools in 99. My unisaw and 8"jointer were both about 1700 each. I don't think I could get half today. Good tools all in good order. And at the time Delta was a top choice.

• Like 1

Depends on a lot of factors.  Condition, age & model, desirable-ness, etc.  I think a starting point would be somewhere between half of the original purchase cost and half of the present new cost.  That works if we're talking about, say, a ten year old SawStop or Powermatic.  That math breaks down if it's a 40 year old Craftsman.

• Like 2

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Greg81
    Newest Member
    Greg81