Picture Frames

Coop

On the picture frames I have made, I cut the miters before cutting the rabbet on the router table. This lets you dry fit the frames to ensure the miter cuts went as planned before taking the time to cut the rabbets. 

But certainly cut the rabbets before gluing the frame together. 

• Like 2

On 2/27/2023 at 8:25 PM, JohnG said:

On the picture frames I have made, I cut the miters before cutting the rabbet on the router table. This lets you dry fit the frames to ensure best fat burner for men the miter cuts went as planned before taking the time to cut the rabbets. 

But certainly cut the rabbets before gluing the frame together.

This seems very nice it will be so good if you share some photos of your work. 

I am curious to see your work after reading this.

On 3/2/2023 at 6:19 PM, Coop said:

I don’t know what the heck I was thinking about when I agreed to make these frames.

Like keepsake boxes; they seem simple enough until you have to make a dozen of them.  Fight the good fight.  Ever onward and all that . . . stuff.  I'm doing a batch of smaller frames right now.  I'll post later but let me just say . . . I feel your pain :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2023 at 9:19 PM, Coop said:

I don’t know what the heck I was thinking about when I agreed to make these frames. 26 of the required 52 pieces. 

I laughed at this when you posted it without doing the math and thinking 52 pieces would make a lot more than 13 frames. I need to make 2 frames in the near future but there are a lot of other frames I'd like to replace as well. Suddenly those 52 pieces seem far too real!

How's it going with these? Did you make the picture frame jig and/or spline jig for the frames?

2 hours ago, legenddc said:

I laughed at this when you posted it without doing the math and thinking 52 pieces would make a lot more than 13 frames. I need to make 2 frames in the near future but there are a lot of other frames I'd like to replace as well. Suddenly those 52 pieces seem far too real!

How's it going with these? Did you make the picture frame jig and/or spline jig for the frames?

When i read 52 pieces sounded like a lot. Once i realized it was only 13 frames it didn't sound like as much. Once you get into production mode it's pretty easy to knock out large numbers. I made a stack of 30 frames in 2021, the part that took the longest was glue-up because i only had 1 band clamp.