Installing Range hood - Am I over doing the support?

chazystorm

HI
I'm currently replacing the range hood I have at home and the new one's exhaust hole is very different in size (from a rectangle box to an 8" duct. 

My problem here is because of the duct size and placement, the area I had to cut open in the cabinet only leaves about 1" of melamine from the front of the cabinet.

What I've done so far is to get a 2x3 and screwed it right into the studs and then screwed the based of the cabinet into the 2x3. Then I added a 3" high 3/4" thick melamine strip in front as a lip to provide support for the front.

At this point. I wonder if I would need to do anything else to add support to the range hood or am I already all set and no need to do anything else.

the screw points on the range hood is close to the 4 corners of the cabinet. I've attached a diagram of what it looks like

Thanks!

589e73fdaddc4_cabinetoverview.jpg.26065ee6f2591045730d937917846a52.jpg

From what you've described, it seems like you've done a good job adding support to the front of the cabinet. However, it's hard to say for sure without seeing it in person. If you're still unsure, you could try reaching out to a professional for a second opinion or checking out some DIY forums for more advice. And hey, if all else fails, you can always order takeout and enjoy it with the fancy new range hood! I think it would be way easier to just order one from https://www.moderncopper.com/ and not bother with a DIY option. However, it's just my opinion.