Dave H shop tour

Dave H

@Mark J Yes the dog leg (I wasn't aware of the name of it) was a standard accessory and was part of the kit, the disk on the wall I'm thinking is the longworth chuck I made years ago for doing the bottom of the first bowl I turned on my old Grizzly lathe it was a fun build.post-2926-0-39681000-1414957028_thumb.jpg

The disk below the lathe is a clamp I made to glue my segmented rings together it works great I keep modifying it I think I'm finally happy with it now. Thanks for asking.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 2:50 AM, curlyoak said:

Lots of space furnished with excellent tools. Even a serious sound system! I imagine just being there is inspirational. 

Because you are from the pacific northwest and a woodworker does that mean that you get your share of claro walnut?

I think Claro Walnut grows more in Oregon/California area, Western Washington is more Big Leaf Maple, Alder, Ash, some White Oak and, I can see some Live Oak looking out my office window. Our weather here in western Washington is kind of gloomy over cast, lots of rain due to the Cascade mountain range it causes the clouds to dump the rain on us and, eastern Washington is more desert country lots of scrub brush and Pine trees. Thanks for the question, oh we have great summers here in Western Washington.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mate, that is a brilliant place ! I could do with your help next time you are in Australia ;)  I like the way you have made the partitions in the tool storage shelves by adding cleats either side of the dividers, I had tried a similar setup but cut grooves for each divider and of course the shelves bowed like nobodys business