Three foot wide Japanese maple trunk

I have a Japanese Maple tree that has a three foot wide trunk, that has sadly died and would love ideas on what to do with the wood, especially the trunk. Any ideas I’d appreciate as I’d like to reuse its wood. 
It’s very large and probably at least 100 years old as that is age of the house where it was planted. 

I am not familiar with that variety specifically, but maple is great to work with in general--posible exception of carving.  Your bio says you're interested in furniture and sculpture.

That's a big trunk and it's going to require some big machines to manage/process.  Do you know a sawyer with a portable mill you can consult?  

You can cut it up into slabs and boards and still have wood for turning blocks.  All of that wood is going to need somewhere to be stacked for drying, so something else to consider.  

If you mean that trunk is 36" in diameter, it sounds like prime material for a few 'live-edge' slabs. Not simple to dry properly, but they still command a high price, and make for some very interesting table tops. 

Personally, I'd go with @Chestnut's suggestion, and find someone to mill it into boards. Chances are, it will have at least some interesting figure.