Glass into Wood?

I have just been given 150 Pyrex Glass tubes approx 14" x 2 1/2" diameter and been asked by the donor to come up with ideas and designs to turn them into something useful and or saleable. So far we have come up with the obvious, turning them into sconces and hanging them on the wall but I'd like to think in a more imaginative way. Any ideas guys? Please!

Accent pieces on a garden gate or entryway door. Somewhere where they would catch natural light.

Cut into different lengths and tuned, to make a wind-chime. Or, can they be set up so that wind blowing across them creates a tone?

Make a modern artsy chair where instead of legs you have a circular base made up of several vertical pyrex tubes.

Small hanging shelf / storage unit. My first thought was a shelf over the kitchen sink that would allow things to drain into the sink. Actually, I might use this idea.

I may have more ideas later.

The dimensions leads me to think about, uhm, things phallic. Won't pursue that line further...

Following the sconce line, could be a light pipe - shine light at one end, mirror at the other, so the light 'flows' along the tube, and will also diffract out of the tube.

Rolling pin

Thin slender lava lamp

Chop stick containers

OK I'm really scraping my barrel of ideas now...

John

Thanks guys. You've already given us plenty of ideas. Don't worry John about being phallic I won't say what my friend's wife first came up with!!!

Love the chair idea Mr. Beechwood could really go with that one. Next to tables I love making chairs. Wondered about wind chimes but have yet to test the safety of such large chunks crashing into each other.

Please keep them coming. You never know I may even start posting pictures.

you could turn them into sun stones. There's a website called Instructables.com, that has several instructions on how to make them. While you wouldn't need to embed them into concrete.

You could also make them into deck lighting, and even more fun would be to add solar panels to them.

Add LED lighting, and cage them inside four dowels for interesting party lighting. Add a few electrical touches and turn them into light organs.

Another idea would be to pack them with sawdust for visual art of all the wood you have used.

Going back to college, you could always fill them with various high lighter colored water, and shine blacklights on them.

you could turn them into sun stones. There's a website called Instructables.com, that has several instructions on how to make them. While you wouldn't need to embed them into concrete.

You could also make them into deck lighting, and even more fun would be to add solar panels to them.

Add LED lighting, and cage them inside four dowels for interesting party lighting. Add a few electrical touches and turn them into light organs.

Another idea would be to pack them with sawdust for visual art of all the wood you have used.

Going back to college, you could always fill them with various high lighter colored water, and shine blacklights on them.

Love your party light idea.

I reckon I'd best get on to some of these ideas

Thank you very much.

Pete