Shop tools for sale Chandler, AZ

PaulMarcel

I'm selling some tools from my shop. I haven't posted these to CL yet; rather see what comes of this forum posting first.

Pictures are here in a Picasa album; captions describe the products and asking prices.

I tend to baby all my stuff (shop stuff and otherwise). Stuff will looked used (cuz it was!) but my definition of 'good condition' is decidedly different than some of what I've seen on CL blink.gif

Again, prices are on the Picasa photo album:

• Powermatic 20" planer with mobile base (actually moves well on it; I move it whenever I use it). For what it's worth, this was Marc's planer before he previous move. He didn't autograph it for me, though... comes with a Hone-Tek knife hone and Planer Pal jig.
  • 5-gallon cyclone for a shop vac; I used this on a lunchbox planer for a long time
  • Ridgid lunchbox planer
  • There's a half-moon granite vanity in there with a 'Chinabowl' (top-mounted sink, not undermount). I made a replacement top for the vanity it was on and thought I'd do something with it someday... so I am! I'm selling it! Sink currently attached to granite (silicone); I never bothered to separate them, but you could if you just want the bowl. With this list of items, there had to be a sink...

PM me here if interested.

Edited by Paul-Marcel
Updated list of what's left :)

I noticed you said you were getting a jointer/planer. You getting a combo machine? Have a brand in mind? I just got a Hammer A3-31 last Wednesday. Only had time to use it a couple times so far. What I can say is that it is so much more quiet that my Dewalt 735. The extension tables were a little time consuming to set up. Accuracy is dead on with the digital gauge. Dust collection with my Steel City 1.5 is really good. The price is a little out there but deals are to be had.

Mike

Tried to DM you and it said your account was full so here's my question. Are these prices firm? I am interested in the band saw and the drum sander. Would you take $1000 for both? I'm in Socal and I'm trying to gauge my costs.

Thanks Paul-Marcel!

I missed your post, Mike, when I had to clean my inbox :)

I considered that Hammer especially during the sale last month. Actually I'd bet all these 'industrial' sized planers are more quiet than any lunchbox. Whole nature of an induction motor versus a banshee, er, universal motor... much quieter.

I've liked the specs of the Laguna jointer/planers so that's my current preference. The Shear-Tec head is a key feature being segmented carbide blades on bias. It will also fit nicely. Any bigger and the popcorn maker would have to go and we know which will win that fight.

Paul,

I was also considering the Laguna. More specifically I was looking at their 10" model with the Shear-Tec head. It was in the price range I was looking for. Then I get a call from Arthur from Felder. He sent me several pics and a write up comparing the two. The main deal breaker on the Laguna for me was the way the tables folded up. They fold toward the front. The Hammer of course from the back. The motor is a 4HP on the Hammer. Another option the Hammer has is the availability to mount extension tables on both sides of the jointer and on the outfeed of the planer. I have a short PDF if you would like to see his comparison.