Glue caddy

duckkisser

’m going to build a glue caddy that will hold my glues, paper towels and acid brushes. What I was wondering is what kind of glues do you use on a daily bases. I usually use just plain yellow glue but as I get more advanced ill probably start using other kinds for different projects. So to plan this caddy out I need to know what I can expect in the future.

Unless you're getting into veneering, inlay or marquetry Titebond 2 and 3 should do. That is what I use for most projects and CA (super glue) or epoxy on rare occasions. I'd include a water bottle in the list. A damp towel is sometimes useful in clean up a drip or hands.

Of course I also work with veneers so I've also got supplies of white glue, cold press glues and veneer softeners along with a million different little glue applicators and injectors that most people will never use.

ill probably add the water bottle good idea, ca glue, some injectors,

what kind of veneering glue do you use? what kind of glue would i use for inlay work? and which is the most common epoxy do you use? I saw a place that was selling a glue bottle with a roller attached. do they work or do they clog up.

keep them coming guys i just redrew my caddy to hold a small water bottle and a container for glue applicators.

I don't do a lot of veneer work. I do use primarily Titebond 2, but have found a need for 3. I do have three bottles of the CA that Woodcraft sells (the SuperT stuff), and a bottle of solvent. I don't have a water bottle or brush holder in my collection, but I have found it helpful (in the old shop, anyway) to do the glue-ups near the slop sink (also known as the concrete work tub).

I do have several other glues, that are used only rarely, that stay with the rest of my glue collection. Perhaps your glue caddy can be made up multiple parts or trays, that you can grab only the portion you particularly need at that moment.

dont think ill do a sketchup just going fast and dirty. making something that is roughly done but get the job done. im doing this so rough im actuly drawing it up on a piece of scrap wood. but i will take a picture of my drill caddy, and my dremil caddy. and eventuly i will post picture of glue caddy if i ever get it done got to get rocking horse done as well as christmass presents.

ill probably add the water bottle good idea, ca glue, some injectors,

what kind of veneering glue do you use? what kind of glue would i use for inlay work? and which is the most common epoxy do you use? I saw a place that was selling a glue bottle with a roller attached. do they work or do they clog up.

keep them coming guys i just redrew my caddy to hold a small water bottle and a container for glue applicators.

Here's a secret - mostly I use titebond 2 for veneers and inlay. When I am using a vacuum press I sometimes use a 'cold press' glue which is just a variation on yellow glue. I almost never use epoxy so I don't remember the brand name but it was a two part system.

The glue bottles with the rollers or the small injector things work fine but the roller needs to be cleaned after each use (with water before the glue sets). Sometimes the smaller glue applicators can clog so you've got to keep 'em clean after each use.

I've only ever used regular yellow glue, the Lepage brand that you can pick up at any Home Depot. I've built several projects and have never had any problem with it, and its easily availiable and inexspensive too. I may try a new type of glue seeing that my supply of glue in the shop is almost done but I still will always trust good ol' lepage.

well the reason im doing this is our shop is 3000 square feet nice but a little too much. and its a pain when i need something that my area of the shop is in far corner and im building something at the other end to make 3 trips. so im prity much puting everything in designated caddy. then i can just pick up everthing at once and walk.

The annoying thing is that I keep seeing those racks for cans (for automotive use) for sale. I know I can make them myself; it's only four bends and a bunch of holes, and maybe a couple of rivets. But it's still faster to purchase a rack that doesn't quite fit my needs than to make the product myself. (I should mention the wood purchasing budget has gotten so thin lately it almost doesn't exist.... friggin' car repairs...)

im making these out of scrap and ply wood. some guy in town made a bid on a job and then before he got it he bought all the ply and had it cut to size. well he lost the bid and now had like 40 pallets fully of quarter thick cheap ply that he could not get rid of. so after 3 years of it siting in a warehouse and geting wet he put a thing in paper saying come and get it. now i have a pallet full of small ply. all our small patterns, curves, shop made jigs and tools are all make from this ply. score for me.