latest turning

fjdavid

Not sure if your going to have a project gallery here so I've added a picture to this forum to show off one of my turnings. I started turning for a crib project 15 years ago and then set the lathe aside until this past year. I started back up wondering why this old lathe was getting so dusty. Basically I've just started with wood turning this year. This walnut bowl came from a log that was small enough that I used the entire log including the center and the sap wood. That caused me some issues. I turned it green then dried it with several different methods so I could finish turn it a few weeks later. The center of the log wanted to check and crack so I used super glue to keep it from moving any more. Its was finished with a teak oil and rubbed out by hand. Its been done for several months and hasn't warped or cracked any more.

Frank

post-431-005993700 1281306760_thumb.jpg

Not sure if your going to have a project gallery here so I've added a picture to this forum to show off one of my turnings. I started turning for a crib project 15 years ago and then set the lathe aside until this past year. I started back up wondering why this old lathe was getting so dusty. Basically I've just started with wood turning this year. This walnut bowl came from a log that was small enough that I used the entire log including the center and the sap wood. That caused me some issues. I turned it green then dried it with several different methods so I could finish turn it a few weeks later. The center of the log wanted to check and crack so I used super glue to keep it from moving any more. Its was finished with a teak oil and rubbed out by hand. Its been done for several months and hasn't warped or cracked any more.

Frank

I think it looks great, love the contrasting colors.

Well done!