Drilling a straight long hole...need help

Guys, i need your help. I am building my bemch and am at the point where I am attaching my legs to my long rails. I bought the benchcrafted. You can see the bolts and barrel nuts that I.bought at the link below.

http://benchcrafted.com/Store.html

I need todrill a half inch hole straight through the leg, down the center of the tenon and rail. Total length is 7 1/2"

I know Mark used these in his roubo. So if you guys can't help I understand but I really don't want to screw this up. Please help if you can :)

I use "installer's bits" from any home center, in a drill press or through guide blocks. These are twist drill bits that are 12-16"+ long. They are sold individually, so you don't need to pay for an entire set.

If you use the drill press, go as deep as you can with the stroke, then add blocks under the work for additional distance with each stroke.

A guide block is simply a block of wood 2-3" thick, with perpendicular hole the size of the bit, in your case, 1/2". This is made either very carefully with a hand drill, or at the drill press for parts you can't get onto the DP table.

Run the bit through the guide block into the work to get it started properly. Once you're a few inches in, you can pull the bit out, set the block aside, and the beginning of the hole will guide you the rest of the way.

Here's an example of such a bit: http://www.lowes.com/pd_171066-281-39108BX_4294777271__?productId=3086653&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=