Another Router Lift Deal - Woodpecker PRL

Rutabagared

So can anyone confirm or deny if that lift has a quick height adjustment like the Woodpeckers QuickLift? I have a Bosch 1617 so I need either the QuickLift or the PRL (this discounted one) as the PRLv2 won't get the collet high enough for an above-table bit change. The QuickLift is 199 regularly but the PRL is much nicer. But I'd hate to have to crank 16 or 32 times for each inch of height.

Anyone, please? I know the JessEm lift is for clearance, but I already have rather pricey aluminum ring inserts for Woodpeckers tables. Switching to the JessEm woudl cost me as much by the time I buy the JessEm version of those inserts.

So can anyone confirm or deny if that lift has a quick height adjustment like the Woodpeckers QuickLift? I have a Bosch 1617 so I need either the QuickLift or the PRL (this discounted one) as the PRLv2 won't get the collet high enough for an above-table bit change. The QuickLift is 199 regularly but the PRL is much nicer. But I'd hate to have to crank 16 or 32 times for each inch of height.

Anyone, please? I know the JessEm lift is for clearance, but I already have rather pricey aluminum ring inserts for Woodpeckers tables. Switching to the JessEm woudl cost me as much by the time I buy the JessEm version of those inserts.

Paul-Marcel,

I don't believe the PRL has the quick lift feature. Some (albeit, very few) have reported issues with the QuickLift model (do a YouTube search).

Joe

Paul,

another possible way to address the router lift, lift problem. <_<

Ha ha, thanks Onboard! I've seen that video in the past and actually had that B&D drill/driver (a very very nice one for next to nothing; I gave it to a friend when I got the C12).

When I pulled up the video, I saw a recommended one on the PRLv2. That's the one I really want and the video confirmed that it has a quick-lift feature. I think I'll wait to get that one, although that means figuring out a way to do above-table changes on a Bosch 1617 or buying a new (bigger) motor. The footnotes about that router on the Woodpeckers site indicate you can't do above-table bit changes with that router although I wonder if some offset wrench would do it for me... using a collet extension seems like it would throw off the balance.