Green Koolaid on sale Oct 1 - Nov 30

PaulMarcel

It was announced yesterday that the fall promotion this year will be 10% off the OF-2200 router and MFK-700 router and all accessories for these routers (not sure if a guiderail qualifies and I doubt it).

So Taunton rated routers recently and crowned the OF-2200 the best-of-class with the only con "price". This helps that a little.

I have the MFK-700 so if someone wants some opinions, lemme know. I don't have the OF-2200 though one should be getting delivered early December B)

i love the festool 1400...it has become my primary....i was think of purchasing the 700 and this kind of seals that thought

Bit capacity limits are the biggest issue with the MFK-700. I don't yet have the MFK-700 router bit set as a couple bits there are only for laminates. I do, however, want their flush trim bit for doing edge banding. The issue is that it can only handle 1/2" (12mm) banding. Here a more common size is 3/4", but it just won't fit (not the bit, the base's capacity).

That said, though, I use it a lot for flushing edges, chamfers, etc. With the variety of dust collection attachments, it is amazingly dust-free.

The other thing I wish I knew was how to use the mark on the Festool MFK bit shanks. If you chuck up the bit to the line, you get some reciprocal cutting by switching base, but not the bit. Someone vaguely explained it to me after the recent Festool training in Las Vegas. If someone here knows how to use those marks (ha ha not in the manual), let us know.

Voilà, more green tool pron:

Official Fall 2010 Promo Catalog

(but read it for the articles!! B))

Even if the routers don't get you interested, page 14 of the PDF lists the current closeouts, which includes the most awesome C12 (closeout because there is a new Lithion version coming; this C12, though, is plenty light).

Hey guys. I bought an OF 2200 and love it. I feel it so smooth, you have so much control that is sick. Since I never used other routers, my experience is only a Festool one. My approach is just the same as real estate. Buy the best you can.

If I am using a 1/2" shank bit, I go straight to the OF2200 is my go to router.

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 58 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kaiweets Tool
    Newest Member
    Kaiweets Tool