Winter Turning Challenge and Trade 2012

Roger T

I've gotten away from using CA on my ornaments. Seems trying to get a dab of CA into a tiny hole was a big challenge for me, and then when i wiped it off, always discolored the finish somewhat. That is why I use screw eyes. When I attach finials I am just using TB2.

I've gotten away from using CA on my ornaments. Seems trying to get a dab of CA into a tiny hole was a big challenge for me, and then when i wiped it off, always discolored the finish somewhat. That is why I use screw eyes. When I attach finials I am just using TB2.

Roger, I wondered about that problem with the CA. I have heard that concern raised which is why I also used TB2 to attach my finials. Maybe use epoxy instead for the hanging wire? Screw eyes are really easy though.

Cindy

i use this trick i just put a piece of painters tape where i want the hole (also it help keep the wood from splintering) and then wipe the tip of my wire in the CA glue and push into the hole. if any glue comes out it sticks to the tape which just gets riped off.

same trick i use for filling nail and screw holes with wood filler.