BORK on Sale

BorkBob

The Bolt-On Ripping Knife (BORK) is an aftermarket splitter that mimics a riving knife. It will fit Unisaws, Grizzly cabinet and some contractor saws, and the Jet JTAS. There is also a hybrid version for the Craftsman, Steel City and some Jet hybrid saws.

Normally $125, a 25% discount is available by using the coupon code September. More information at www.theborkstore.com You may contact me thru the store if you have questions or want to see if I can fit your saw.

The Bolt-On Ripping Knife (BORK) is an aftermarket splitter that mimics a riving knife. It will fit Unisaws, Grizzly cabinet and some contractor saws, and the Jet JTAS. There is also a hybrid version for the Craftsman, Steel City and some Jet hybrid saws.

Normally $125, a 25% discount is available by using the coupon code September. More information at www.theborkstore.com You may contact me thru the store if you have questions or want to see if I can fit your saw.

Hi Bob. Good to see you finally made it over here. I didn't know Nate was your kid. Seems you did a good job!

Vic

Hi Bob. Good to see you finally made it over here. I didn't know Nate was your kid. Seems you did a good job!

Vic

Hi Vic...been awhile. We've been through a move then I was building a pole barn all spring and summer. Got most of it done and the weather cools off :angry:

About this Nate thing. Do you know something I don't know?? My memory ain't what it was but I don't remember any Nate at the dinner table. :D

Hi Vic...been awhile. We've been through a move then I was building a pole barn all spring and summer. Got most of it done and the weather cools off :angry:

About this Nate thing. Do you know something I don't know?? My memory ain't what it was but I don't remember any Nate at the dinner table. :D

Maybe I got my wires crossed..but, YOU'RE SURE?!? :P

Can you explain/show how the Bork changes position as the blade is rotated? Is it a manual operation?

Maybe a photo will help

BORKII-3-3-09001.jpg

The BORK splitter is attached via an arm which is clamped to the saw's arbor bracket. If the arbor bracket moves, the BORK moves. Because the arm extends the radius of the arbor bracket, the saw blade and splitter move up and down at slightly different rates. That's the reason for the slot in the splitter; it allows manual adjustment when desired.

Do you know if the BORK will fit older unisaws? I have a 1950 unisaw. I am getting ready to do a complete tear down and would love to add a riving knife when I put it back together.

Do you know if the BORK will fit older unisaws? I have a 1950 unisaw. I am getting ready to do a complete tear down and would love to add a riving knife when I put it back together.

Yes it will. IIRC, the oldest BORKed Uni is a '46....one year older than me. :D