Cost of curly maple

jaredsfuture

Uhm, that is a steal. The boards look pretty short and likely have some check on the ends, but you could still make nice nightstand tops, drawer fronts, clocks, small boxes, list goes on.

I hope you weren't really waiting for a reply :) Unless there's something suspicious when you get there or something wrong with the wood you can't see in pictures, grab it all.

Could be, though he is out in the middle of nowhere (Seattle-wise, that is). Of course, it's just barely past business hours, so he might not be home yet.

Good luck. I hope you get it. That seems to me one of those deals where if it is true, it's too good to pass up. I've gotten some amazing stuff off craigslist, so you never know until you check it out.

Heh, most of the amazing deals I've found are across the sound, though very few that makes me want to go and get it like this. I have to catch the ferry over to grab it. I guess it's because there's a small customer base over there. As apposed to Seattle and Bellevue, for tools, they'll try to get at least 3/4+ the retail price.

Even if half of them are decent, it's still a good price I think. So, besides rot and suspicious insect holes, what else should a discerning woodworker look for in a situation like this? Thanks!