Any Interest in Curly Maple around the Philly area ? Pic added

JerrySats

A little FYI for you all , I buy these bigger loads of curly lumber to get better pricing for myself and whatever I don't need or use I pass deals on to fellow WWers . It's nice to be able to network with other local WWers whether your a hobby or pro guy/gal . So don't be shy if you need 2 BF or 200 BF let me know .

Thanks

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a a good deal.  My only thing is I prefer air dried lumber.  Do you ever get good deals on that and thicker boards?  How wide are you able to get?  I'm spoiled with my sawyer.  Not as good a price as that for what I've been getting, but he does a great job at getting good figure out.  I salivate over some of the species you find common in your area.  Most of the stuff in my area are domestically grown trees.

Sounds like a a good deal.  My only thing is I prefer air dried lumber.  Do you ever get good deals on that and thicker boards?  How wide are you able to get?  I'm spoiled with my sawyer.  Not as good a price as that for what I've been getting, but he does a great job at getting good figure out.  I salivate over some of the species you find common in your area.  Most of the stuff in my area are domestically grown trees.

Hey Vic

I don't get air dried in the figured woods , theres a  few guys in the area that have regular domestic lumber air dried . I never used it so I can't comment on how good is it . My lumber guy sorts out the curly stuff and does a great job of it .

I got a small load of Tiger Heart Soft Maple (Brown heart wood and white sap wood in curly maple)  a few months back and had about 110 BF of 10" - 16" wide boards .

Tiger Heart Maple 16" wide

001lqf.jpg

002hizm.jpg

009yve.jpg

• 4 weeks later...