Band Saw Blades

AceHoleInOne

Have lots of re-sawing coming up. Purchased 4 105 x 1/2 3TPI hook tooth blades. And 1 105 x 3/4 3TPI hook tooth blade from Woodcraft Bands located in North Carolina. Send them an e-mail or better to talk directly with them. Very helpful and knowledgeable.

http://www.woodcraftbands.com

(not the Woodcraft woodworking store)

The minim order is 5 blades. They don't like to mix blades sizes, but I wanted to try a 3/4" blade with my 3/4 horsepower saw, just to try. I hear the saws tend to lose power with bigger blades. So for an up-charge I bought the 3/4" to test for myself.

Shipping was included, about 13.00 a blade, your price may vary.

-Ace-

post-571-0-27869600-1361035000_thumb.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbs117pg7lwf4bo/Photo%20Feb%2016%2C%204%2013%2007%20PM.jpg

They worked awesome. The small board (right) came off like glass. Larger board 10" wide, super cut as well. Was much happier with the 1/2 inch blade vs the 3/4. I removed the cool blocks from the saw and used steel...silky smooth cut and held the blade better.

Woodcraft Bands sold me Starrett blades. Lenox blades were recently bought out by Rubbermade and being produce off shore!

-Ace-

Steve-

Woodcraft Bands suggested I drop down to a 1/2" blade due to my 14" saw only having 3/4 horse power. The 3/4 is a thicker blade and I'm going to saw 10" material. I always used Olson 5/8 blades in the past. Yes my saw is set up properly.

The 1/2" blade seem to cut faster and not slow the saw down so much. I hear guys having 30" saws use 1/2" blades for resawing too????

-Ace-

Thanks, Ace,

Good info. I honestly haven't tried a 3/4" blade with my bandsaw. I have a 2HP saw, and haven't had any problems with bogging down. I do know that I can follow a straight line better with a bigger blade, and the saw seems to cut straighter when resawing.

-Steve

• 5 months later...

If you do want to order, don't bother trying to send an email. I sent out an email on Monday and still haven't received a response. He might be on vacation, but...

I also tried calling during business hours and there was no answer. I guess it's time to make another order from Timberwolfe. (http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/)

I feel your pain. I believe he is an old guy trying to do the best he can. I had to call him several times myself. But once you got hold of him, he was all action.

Thanks for the update. :)

-Ace-

• Like 1

2 blades from Suffolk at $35 each, plus a whopping $20 for shipping. These were 131 1/2" x 1" at 2 & 3 tpi. I guess next time I'll try harder to get in touch with the guy. Would have loved to give the business to him. Timberwolfe makes great blades, but prices are getting steep.

Just as a follow-up: I finally received a reply from John, 13 days after I sent my initial email. So, he's still around. Maybe he's a technophobe and doesn't do email? He didn't answer my questions I had in the email but said to instead call and leave my number...

Maybe next time, if I plan ahead a month before I need the new blades...

Seriously, sounds like a good deal and I wish him all the best. It's just hard doing business in this day and age when it takes two weeks to get a response back to an email inquiry.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rojmwq4e
    Newest Member
    rojmwq4e