Welcome to Wood Talk Online
Registered members get full access to all of our forum features:
- Get help with your woodworking questions and problems!
- Start new topics and reply to existing topics!
- Receive automatic updates on topics you want to follow.
- Add your woodworking photos to the Gallery
- Get your own profile and make new friends
Guitar pick table #1
This table is made from one 1”X12”X6’ long clear pine board. It was my entry into a pine board challenge put on by my local woodworking club. My original design was for a four legged table but after cutting out all the legs and leaving enough wood for the top I changed the design and decided to make it three legged table for no other reason than something different. The three stretchers are attached to the legs and the hub with sliding dovetails and the top is attached with screws and then a plug to hide the screw head. I finished the table with several coats of Cherry stain and polyurethane.
This kind of project is a good design exercise with the limitations of quantity and type of wood that can be used. I am very happy with the way it turned out.