Right-Angle Assembly Clamps

scottsabiker

Has anyone used a Lee Valley Right-Angle Assembly Clamp or another brand of the same type of clamp? If you are not familuare with these clamps they have no "force" to them. They just act like an extra hand. At least thats what the add says. I just need to know if the 10 bucks is worth the it. Of course I would use full force clamps (corner or pipe)when doing a glue up. Thanks; Scotty

I haven't used those, but use some much larger, bulkier corner clamps from Jet. They are very useful for assembling a corner or shelf-in-dado. I think these would be even better since you just need them to hold the part in place; mine require tightening the clamp. Mine don't actually clamp the joint tight, they just tighten up on the two pieces of stock involved so you still need other clamps.

Knowing what I know now, I'd get these LV ones instead; they accomplish the helping-hand part while being very easy to setup.