Funny Now....Not So Funny Then

Keggers

I spent most of Thursday cleaning my shop. It took quite a while to clean my shop, especially since it's been a while since I cleaned it. Vac'd the floor and waxed all my machine tops. Even cleaned the accumulated dust off my overhead flourescent lights. The shop hadn't been that clean since before I brought in my first machine. Well today......it's not so clean anymore. I was surfacing wood to sell on eBay. I had my cyclone going, another dust collector running on my bandsaw. The ceiling and floor collectors were running as well as my jointer. I'd just gone over to the miter saw to cut a board when I heard a muffled boom. Dust was blowing everywhere - that real fine dust that is so dangerous to breath. I immediately put on my full face mask respirator and ran to the cyclone to shut it off. It only took a few seconds to see what happened. There is a clear plastic bag that hangs under the cyclone filter which collects the ultra fine dust particles. It popped at the seam on the bottom of the bag. All the collected dust particles as well as what the filter was holding was blown into my shop. It looked like a brown talcum powder bomb had exploded.

So, needless to say, my shop is not longer clean. I did vac most of the floor. Now I have to clean the vac filters, the ac filter, wipe all my machine surfaces. All you cyclone owners beware! There is a dust bomb under your filter.