Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

grinder never clean up again

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

was watching a captneddie video and he gave a tip that i real like when i grind down metal i end up having metal all over the counter that is geting into my switches. just mount a rare earth magnet on the bottom of the grinder so that any little pieces of metal are atracted to the magnet then falling where they will. its so obvious i wish i had thought of that before.

i like his videos so well ill throw his link too you

http://www.youtube.c...e?feature=watch

Posted · Report post

I cannot open the video at work (viewing for lunch) If it doesnt show it you may want to think about heavy gauge plastic over the magnet to make it easy to clean off. Just a thought. K

Posted · Report post

thats not a bad idea i think it would depend on how much metal work you do.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Popular Now

• Topics

• New Shop from Old Garage Office
      By estesbubba · Posted
      No way you are going to be happy with a single 15A breaker, especially if your lights are on it. Also around here code requires HVAC to be on its own circuit with nothing else on it. Could be different there, but again, you're not going to be happy. So: 1. Does your main panel have enough amps to put a subpanel in your shop?
      2. If yes is there conduit big enough to run thick wires for the subpanel?
      3. If no to either of the above I would look into running a separate line from your transformer to your shop. That's what I did when I built my shop and it has 200 amps all to itself. I get 2 bills and can keep track of how much power the shop is using. 
    • Shop Pictures
      By tcarswell · Posted
      Super slick setup Chet.  I gotta do one of these shop picture threads. I keep telling myself next tool I'll do one.  
    • Got a favorite shop chair?
      By mat60 · Posted
      No chair here also..Its a good thing.
    • Shared Workspace questions
      By Slagathor · Posted
      WTN - Thanks for the reply.  I really was not thinking along the lines of keeping fences square, etc.  I will ask how they manage this. Chet - Yes, I knew I would need to be organized to make this work.  Was thinking along the lines of having a cut & operations list mapped out for each visit, along with tools needed.  Was thinking that I would bring my own hand tools, blades, etc. to make sure I get the most out of each visit.  Worst case, I selected this location since it is only about 10 minutes away from my house if I pull a complete boner and forget something important. NC - Pratt is a arts organization and will provide the tools and space to work in.  The use charge is $45 per day.  So, trading some flexibility vs. access to tools I just don't have space for without a major capital investment.  If I keep at it it may eventually make sense to have the slab in the basement redone, but I think the sort term increase in safety & tool capability will be a welcome change.   Thanks for the replies and welcome.  I will check in on this to update how it turns out.
    • Bandsaw tracking issue? What am I doing wrong?
      By estesbubba · Posted
      Watch this video and see if it helps.   
  • Popular Contributors

• Who's Chatting