TS-55 problem

woodhack

I was cutting a sheet of plywood yesterday and after I had finished the cut I noticed that the guide fence had wandered about 1/4". This is the first time it had happened and I checked the bottom of the guide rail and I noticed the rubber strips were a little slippery. I couldn't find a replacement on the Festool website for the rubber strips although I do see a replacement for the splinter guard. Has anyone else had this happen and does anyone have any idea how to get my guide rail to be sticky again or should I spring for the clamps. Thanks in advance.

I rarely use the clamps since the sticky underside is sticky enough. If you have downward pressure instead of "into the guiderail" pressure, you should be fine. Sometimes mine get slicker than I like. Just blow the underside with compressed air. Or brush it. You just need the surface dust knocked off.

Also, if you want clamps for the rails, DeWalt makes a quick-grip style clamp that works in the Festool guiderail (but not the MFT). I like it better than the Festool clamps for clamping the guiderail since it is so much quicker.

I was cutting a sheet of plywood yesterday and after I had finished the cut I noticed that the guide fence had wandered about 1/4". This is the first time it had happened and I checked the bottom of the guide rail and I noticed the rubber strips were a little slippery. I couldn't find a replacement on the Festool website for the rubber strips although I do see a replacement for the splinter guard. Has anyone else had this happen and does anyone have any idea how to get my guide rail to be sticky again or should I spring for the clamps. Thanks in advance.

I"ve always used the clamps myself. You can definately buy replacement rubber, I've seen it at the Festool dealer and I've read about it in the manual, but I wouldn't rplace it unless its damaged. Get some clamps, that way you can be sure your cutting on the line.