10 things to splurge on

JohnnyNoName

I just read the article "10 Things It Makes Sense to Splurge On", and it has #8 as Quality Furniture. Always good to hear what we know to be true stated by the non-woodworking crowd. Here is the whole article, but here is the Quality Furniture part. It could be useful to tell a potential client why they should buy a piece from you and not at IKEA:

8. Quality Furniture

As any former college student can attest, cheap furniture is best avoided whenever possible. Do you really want your future mother-in-law to come over and sit in a chair that collapses, or deal with constant backaches because of the lawn chair you’re using at your desk? Whether you’re talking kitchen table or couch, getting one that lasts and makes you comfortable means spending a little more.

“I got a fake leather couch because it was significantly cheaper than the leather version of an armchair,” says Bryan Silverman. “Unfortunately the fake leather started to smell funny within a few months, and I had to replace it with the nicer version anyway.”

The only problem with an article like that is they are probably assuming "nice furniture" is what you purchase in a local retail outlet. Brands like Broyhill, Ethan Allen, and so forth. Mainstream society kinda forgets we furniture makers are around. Which is a good thing. That way we can hide out serving the really appreciative and perfect clients.

Thanks for the share