Gearwrench at Sears

Freddie

Not sure if I am posting this in the right spot, but I wanted to share this deal with anybody who likes having wrenches in their shop to either do adjustments on their machines or work on other equipment. Killer deals on ratcheting wrenches with 5 degree arc which means the ratcheting mechanism will engage and allow you to turn fasteners in the tightest spots. The 32 piece set is made in china, while the 20 piece set is made in taiwan. I don't know yet if there are major qc differences yet between the 2 plants, but I plan to get them on the phone today and ask away. With the lifetime warranty, there should be no issues anyways. You can warranty gear wrench at any advanced auto parts store whether you bought them there or not. If you have a local snap on guy, they will also sell and warranty gear wrench off the truck. Another note to this set, they are 0 degree offset on the boxed ratcheting end, so you just flip the wrench to the other side when you want to reverse direction. I'm sure many people on this forum are familiar with ratcheting wrenches, but if you aren't, you'll be amazed at how handy they can make a difficult task. 

http://www.sears.com/gearwrench-32pc-combination-stubby-ratcheting-wrench-set-sae-mm/p-00939327000P

http://www.sears.com/gearwrench-20pc-combination-ratcheting-wrench-set-sae-mm/p-00935720000P?prdNo=1&sellerId=SEARS&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

They're definitely handy to have.  I love mine and use them quite a bit when working on cars.  Though, it's best to keep a set of non-ratcheting wrenches around for high torque situations.   If you need to break out a cheater bar then you'll likely tear up the ratcheting mechanism.

Good call Bill, I never use my ratcheting ends to break loose or final tighten. You don't want to stress the mechanism, it is intended for speed and accessibility to turn nuts and bolts in odd spots. I've used my dads gear wrench sets for years, and I had a blue point metric reversible ratcheting set. I loved those, and unfortunately sold them with my box a while back. 

I seen them on sale a while back and thought it looked like a heck of a deal, I bought the set I have from a Big A auto parts and I think I gave around 60 bucks for a small metric set. I also have some Pittsburg gear wrenches I bought for

Job site throw a ways but they have turned out to be VERY good wrenches also, that may be why the gear wrenches have came down so much in price

Had a set of the "roborenches" from them some time back, and found those great for table saw blade changes.  (They were those automatically adjusting wrenches in the ChannelLock style.)  Those were the first tools to walk away from my shop/collection.

I've been looking at these ratcheting wrenches for a while, but didn't know if they were worth it.  Sounding very much like I'll have to pick up a set now.  Thanks!