Hello, My name is AJ, and I've been whispering for...

jHop

So, I've been listening and watching (and occasionally posting) for a while. It has helped my woodworking skills, but not the projects. mostly because, while the knowledge base grows, the budget hasn't, and I'm still using up all the "quality" wood I purchased before I knew better.

Eventually, I'll find a decent supplier I can afford, and I'll really start turning out firestarters and firewood. :)

I'm a basement shop dweller, recent convert from Norm-ism to hybrid (mostly Neanderthal by budget, and space restrictions), and learning to see in the dark. (shop lighting is in the task lists, but not the budget....)

Other than the JC Campbell school in the Carolinas, and the University of Rio Grande, OH (they have a 2 year Fine Woodworking degree), I'm looking for schools and knowledge. But since I work on weekends, I can't do most of the classes at the "local" Woodcrafters. Anybody know of other schools near me?