unfinished mahogany door has water stains

cmmeme

Sorry to hear that. If it is just water it should dry out right? Is this an exterior door? I use as a stain products from Sikkens, they are fantastic. The beauty of this product is that the stain does not crack and on the third year when you re-apply there is almost no sanding, cleaning up a little bit and re-apply a new coat.

Sorry to hear that. If it is just water it should dry out right? Is this an exterior door? I use as a stain products from Sikkens, they are fantastic. The beauty of this product is that the stain does not crack and on the third year when you re-apply there is almost no sanding, cleaning up a little bit and re-apply a new coat.

It is an exterior door, and it is dried out, it just left an irregular water mark line...can it be sanded out? Someone had told me to try wet sanding? I'm new to this and I haven't heard of wet sanding....

Before you start to sand or do anything you can't reverse, wipe the area with mineral spirits. The mineral spirits won't do anything permanent but they will show you what the door will look like with a clear finish. I had the same thing happen to a door I was working on and once I put the clear finish on the door the water stains were not visible. They just went away all by themselves.

Keep us posted.