Dewalt Discontniues Hybrid Saw

JohnnyNoName

I was looking for the parts list for Dewalts Hybrid tablesaw (DW746X), and discovered that they are no longer making it. It's discontinued. Does anyone know why?

http://www.dewalt.com/tools-discontinued/machinery-woodworkers-table-saws-dw746x.aspx

Jonathan

=================================================

Johnny, I don’t know why, but at least you can still get parts for the saw. You could go here for contact information and ask them “directly”. Maybe lack of sales. I also would think that it would behoove an owner of the DW746X to purchase a few critical parts now before they’re gone.

Dewalt Hybrid table saw DW746X parts. Has diagram also.

Another source for Dewalt Hybrid table saw DW746X parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I have that same saw....I ended up striping everything off it except the center section of cast iron and stuffed it into 4'x8' table with Biesmeyer fence. Much better. The sliding table sagged initially and shimmed flat but it never quite ran true. The mdf wings and outfeed tables were not the greatest either.

3 months after i bought it, I kicked myself for not getting a "real" shop saw.

Johnny, I don’t know why, but at least you can still get parts for the saw. You could go here for contact information and ask them “directly”. Maybe lack of sales. I also would think that it would behoove an owner of the DW746X to purchase a few critical parts now before they’re gone.

Dewalt Hybrid table saw DW746X parts. Has diagram also.

Another source for Dewalt Hybrid table saw DW746X parts.

Thanks for the info. Not being too knowledgeable about which parts are "crticial", which ones would you recommend stocking up on?

Jonathan

=============================================

Yeah, I have that same saw....I ended up striping everything off it except the center section of cast iron and stuffed it into 4'x8' table with Biesmeyer fence. Much better. The sliding table sagged initially and shimmed flat but it never quite ran true. The mdf wings and outfeed tables were not the greatest either.

3 months after i bought it, I kicked myself for not getting a "real" shop saw.

I got the saw as a gift (thanks Dad!), and I have been satisfied. My sliding table has always sat proud of the main piece. I have the cast iron wing, and I just tapped new holes into it and attached the Bench Dog cast iron router table. I need to add some support to the far end. I want to eventually replace this saw with a Sawstop, but that will be many projects down the road.

Jonathan

================================