Christopher Schwarz is selling off about 100 of his tools.

Onboard

Christopher Schwarz is selling off about 100 of his tools. He started this post today (Aug. 12). Go to the Lost Art Press Blog (http://blog.lostartpress.com/). Just scroll down to the blog titled “In Excess: I’m selling about 100 Tools”. This has the details of how to go about purchasing these tools. Scroll up from there to see what’s for sale and what has sold. Each tool is posted as a blog entry. Chris says "the first person to send me an e-mail that says: "I'll take it," gets the tool." Please read the other conditions as well.

I should add that he has not posted all of his tools. It sounds like he will post them over a number of days (not sure how many). I did notice in going back to the site that the few tools he has currently posted are selling fast.

Update #2: I noticed this morning that Chris is about halfway through his tool sale. I also noticed that it's getting hard to keep track of 50 or so tools as to what's sold and what has not sold. I find that if you go to the left side and under the "Archive" header, click on the "August, 2010" link it will show a list of all of the posts at the top left under “On this page”. All of these post are now literally on the current page. You'll be able to see which tools have sold and which have not. Please note that Chris has posted a few articles amongst the tool posts so beware.

Update #3: If my count is correct, 58 tools have been posted as of today (8/24/10)at about 8:25 AM. Of those 57 have sold. “The Stanley No. 59 Doweling Jig Complete in Box” is the only one that hasn’t sold so far (Posted August 15, 2010). So, since Chris said “I’m selling about 100 tools” I guess we can look forward to about 40 more or so tools for sale posted. FYI.

Update #4: I might be off by one, but I count 74 tools posted as of 8/30/10 at 10:30 AM (PST). Only one tool has not sold as of this time. "New Freud 80-tooth Blade for a Miter Saw" (posted 8/29/10).

• 3 weeks later...

I bought his Veritas marking knife and am very happy with it but I missed out on a handplane and dovetail saw by a few minutes :angry: I was suprized because he posted it and I replied right away, found out the hard way that it takes a bit longer to go through the wireless router to the laptop. I timed it and it is almost a 5min. delay compairing our main PC which is hardwired to the wireless laptop, just a word of caution.

Nate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    walo47
    Newest Member
    walo47