Finish for wood paneling inside insulated rood

Haux

Hello everyone

i am building a post and beam house made of pine. I’m about to put the roofing on. The roofing,from bottom up, will be wood paneling, mineral wool, wood paneling , asphalt rolls.

my big doubt at the moment is how to treat the upper layer of panels to the inside of the roof. Condensation might become an issue between the mineral wool and the upper paneling. I am considering treating the wood to make it water resistant but worry about trapping moistures and keeping the wood from breathing.

any help wood be very. I have appreciated.

Provide an air gap and attic venting and keep airflow. No finish will prevent wood failure, that wood is going to degrade and rot. The inside of a roof structure should never get wet. Even green treated wood will rot if continuously exposed to water.

The air gap and venting should take place between the upper wood deck and the mineral wool. Soffit vents and vents near the ridge would be necessary. If vented you shouldn't get condensation and won't have wood failure.

• Like 2