New Bosch router set MRC23EVSK

dja98

I'm finally jumping in and getting my first router.

I was all set and ready to buy the Bosch 1617EVSPK combo set when I saw links to their new combo set - the MRC23EVSK.

http://boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductCategory.aspx?catid=527

The problem is that the new set is not available yet and I can't find a ship date for it.

I'm happy to wait a few months for the upgrades but I don't want to be sitting around for half a year or more :)

Does anyone have any information as to when this is going to hit the stores?

Hello,

I followed the link that you provided and looked at the router. It looks like a nice one. I noticed that Bosch has a link to contact them with questions, so you might just drop them a line to see when the model you're interested in will be available and where. Good luck!

Hello,

I followed the link that you provided and looked at the router. It looks like a nice one. I noticed that Bosch has a link to contact them with questions, so you might just drop them a line to see when the model you're interested in will be available and where. Good luck!

Good idea! I've just sent them an email and will post when they get back to me :)

I was looking at one for a router table recently but found that it had a two-step depth adjustment: flip the clamping lever, set it to one of two grooves in the motor housing and then use the fine adjustment from there. OK in a fixed-base or plunge setup( I guess) but a total PITA for table use. I didn't buy it...

But YMMV, just spend some hands-on time with one before you make your decision.

HTH,

Bill

I was looking at one for a router table recently but found that it had a two-step depth adjustment: flip the clamping lever, set it to one of two grooves in the motor housing and then use the fine adjustment from there. OK in a fixed-base or plunge setup( I guess) but a total PITA for table use. I didn't buy it...

But YMMV, just spend some hands-on time with one before you make your decision.

HTH,

Bill

Hmm - thanks Bill - I'm looking for handheld routers at the minute - if I get one for a router table, I'd probably dedicate one to it and get something with a little more power. However, your comments are definitely making me want to find a display model to play with before I buy :)

And, here is the reply from Bosch:

Thank you for writing and for your interest in the new MRC23EVSK. The new MRC23EVSK is estimated to be available end of June 2011. You may place a backorder through the following online sources:

http://www.internationaltool.com/Mid-Sized-Routers/Bosch-MRC23EVSK.aspx

http://www.savannahtoolhouse.com/bomr23hpplfi.html

http://www.ohiopowertool.com/p-773-bosch-23-hp-modular-plunge-fixed-base-router-combo-mrc23evsk.aspx

We value you as a Bosch tool user & trust that you will use your Bosch tools with confidence. If you have further questions please write back.

Michelle

Bosch Customer Service

For additional information, please visit our web site at www.Boschtools.com

You can also follow us on www.facebook.com/boschpowertool and www.youtube.com/bluecrew4