Woodworking in a Videogame?

nalurash

MineCraft-logo.jpg

I may be alone here on this one, but besides woodworking, I like to play the video-games (on occasion...okay maybe a little more than that) well that's besides the point. What I wanted to briefly discuss is a computer game called Minecraft. Maybe you've heard of it before but if not there's a fan-made explanation of it here. I can't give a better explanation then that, but it's like Lego's. Ugh, even saying that can't convey what the games about, so go watch the video instead. So what does this game have to do with woodworking? well, you chop wood, make an axe, chop more wood and build a house before night comes because you don't want to be outside at night, trust me.

Anyway, I thought I'd just bring this game to light for anyone that enjoys building things. I know that for myself, I've always been a maker/builder/tinkerer and I'm sure there's many of you that are the same. It's probably why we all like to woodwork, we get to express ourself's through our hands and a canvas of wood. I enjoy thinking about a project, agonizing about the details in my head, producing something tangible with my hands and seeing the product come to life. So if you like to make things, engineer solutions, play games or whatever then check out this game. I can't really explain it cuz I'm terrible at expressing my thoughts though keystrokes so go an try it out for yourself, I hope you enjoy it.

By the way, there's a Free Version of the game that you can play in your browser. The graphics do suck, but you'll get over it as have I. It's like 20 bucks if you decide to buy it. And no, I am in no way affiliated with Minecraft (the'd fire me for being such a bad sales guy).