Need help with my jointer set up

Jsestrich

Hey all, I am new to this forum but have been watching all of tww videos I can. Anyway, I just bought a old delta 37-220 6" jointer that is in really good shape. I sat down to calibrate everything and started with the pulleys. I was shifting the motor pulley in and out trying to get it to line up but every time I rechecked with a straight edge it was off. I finally reached up and felt the cutter pulley and it shifted. No wonder I could not get them to line up. The seller told me the bearings have just recently been replaced. The cutter shifts front to back about1/8" if you push/pull on the pulley. How do I tighten this up to stop the movement? Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Hey Nate

It turns out the bearings were replaced with 6202 and 6203 bearings which I think are the correct ones for a newer model 37-220. However I found on OWWM that I need 87502 and 87503 bearings which have an extended inner race. These bearings will be about 4mm wider combined. I checked the gap I need to make up with my calipers and it is really close to 4mm. Delta wants $58 a piece for them but I found them local for $22 and online at Bearings Direct for $7 and $8 a piece. I have them ordered so I will let you know how it works out.