WoodWhisperer vs. WoodTalk online

avalonwoods

Hi Marc (or whomever can answer):

I am a former WoodWhisperer member and now a WoodTalk online member. I'm just coming back as a frequent user after about a year off and am a bit confused about the differences between the two as far as posting photos or videos. Is the 'former' site solely for videos now? I originally thought that the "WoodWhisperer" site was going to be eliminated when your new "WoodTalk online" site got up and going. Confused, Samantha.

Hey Samantha. Welcome back. Here's the skinny. TheWoodWhisperer.com is and has always been a place for me to distribute my personal content (articles and videos). I also like to post some content from the community like shop tours and viewer projects. But these items are submitted to me using our contact forms and I arrange them and edit them into blog posts for the site. Its a free site, but I maintain 100% control over its content.

WoodTalkOnline.com is, put simply, the community forum. Its a pretty fancy forum though and anyone can be a part of the action. WoodTalkOnline.com, with some help from our moderators, essentially runs itself. You can ask questions, get critiques on your work, and even post your latest projects in the gallery.

We also have a few audio podcasts that you will find published in multiple places, such as Wood Talk Online Radio. The show is really based around the community and that's why it shares a name with the forum itself. Click on Podcasts in the navbar above to get access to those.

And that's really all there is to it. The old forum went through a few different names, but the concept has always been the same. I really wanted to get away from calling it "The Wood Whisperer Forum" simply because the forum is not about me or my show, its about the woodworking community on the whole. So WoodTalkOnline.com was a much better fit.

Hope that makes sense.