Just Signed Up

Brice_Arnold

Just joined the guild. I have been screaming through the free content on TWW and WTO and looking for more. I really enjoy watching Marc work and he makes everything seem so easy and straight forward. I am ultimately looking forward to the bench build coming up this winter. I have never built a traditional wood working bench. I picked up the workbench book by Christopher Schwarz and am about half way through it. I love working with hand tools and have always had problems holding the work in place so I think I need a proper bench. Besides, isn't a bench kind of a right of passage for a woodworker?

Anyways, I look forward to the guild builds and more videos from the Wood Whisperer.

Welcome Brice.

This is a great place to be for several reasons. Tagging along, I have gained a fair amount of info to continue my foundation, and I sorely needed to further my knowledge base in many regards to wood working. I am much more comfortable and confident now, than even just a few months ago. Sure, there are other sources of info, you tube, DVDs, books n stuff; much of it is very useful and needed. For me part of the enjoyment is the learning process.

It is about frustration, fascination, exhilaration, anticipation, humbling, FUN.

A word of caution: your work space will shrink proportionally to the amount of time you spend developing your own knowledge base. Oh man, things like jigs, tools, finishes, just start crowding your style like, unreal; at least to start...

What an awesome opportunity we have to learn, grow, and share, in this endeavor via the internet. Marc has created a great portal into that arena, you won't regret it.